Software-assisted Quality Assurance
At the core of these solutions is the quality assurance software AQUA 2000. Its various modules control the quality of travel offers and accelerate the booking processes. This ensures that you always get the best ticket at the best price. AQUA 2000 consists of six modules:
- Quality Control: Quality Control checks almost all elements of a booking.
- Fares: The Fares module automatically searches the reservations system for potentially lower fares and compares them with the fare stored in the booking. If the system finds a cheaper fare, it forwards up to three alternatives to the team in charge of the booking, which can then decide which fare is best and can change the booking if necessary. AQUA 2000 also takes note of special fares that are published only after a booking has been made, and compares these with the booked fare.
- Seats: AQUA 2000 books the desired seats based on the seating preferences entered in the booking. If the first-choice seats have already been reserved, the system automatically performs a search at a later time to see if a seat has become available that corresponds with the desired criteria.
- Waitlists: When a customer has been waitlisted, AQUA 2000 automatically searches every half-hour to see whether a seat has become available on the flight. If a seat is found, the Waitlist module then books the flight. This allows for active confirmation of waitlist bookings.
- E-Ticket Tracking: The E-Ticket Tracking module stores all possible e-ticket bookings in a database for future reference. Pre-Trip Report: This module records bookings for flights, hotels and rental cars according to the following criteria: flight number, departure location, arrival location, flight in general, rental car, hotel and forecasts. Reports can be generated on a daily or monthly basis and made available to the travel manager